Tooth & Gums Tonic® earns the Editor’s Choice Award and Clinical Problem Solvers Award.
In a clinical review completed by 29 dental professionals and involving 974 patients, Tooth & Gums Tonic received The Dental Advisor Editors’ Choice award and a 5 out of 5 rating – the most prestigious award given. Dental professionals concluded that Tooth & Gums Tonic is an efficacious anti-microbial rinse that is non-staining and well-tolerated, providing a much needed solution for long term periodontal maintenance. 86% of evaluating consultants would switch to the Tonic and 93% would recommend it.
Evaluator comment: “A good alternative to chlorhexidine.”
Source: The Dental Advisor, March 2016
Proven Efficacy: Tooth & Gums Tonic vs. Chlorhexidine
In a 12-week trial, the University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health, compared the effects of Tooth & Gums Tonic and 0.12% chlorhexidine on gingival index (GI), plaque index (PI), pocket probing depth (PD) and reducing the levels of whole mouth and tongue malodor over a three month period.
The results of this study indicate that Tooth & Gums Tonic is as effective as chlorhexidine in reducing dental plaque, gingival inflammation and oral malodor.(Malmström, 2007)
Professional Strength Antimicrobial Therapy
Additional Clinical Data
University of Rochester, Eastman Dental Center Studies:
- Kim Miller, RDH, The Trend Toward Natural Products, RDH Magazine, April 2013
- Dr. Michael DiTolla, DDS, FAGD, Dr. DiTolla’s Clinical Tips, Chairside Magazine
- Dr. Michael DiTolla, DDS, FAGD talks about the success of Tooth & Gums Tonic
Clinician’s Report (previously CRA):
Dentistry Today studies:
- Dr. Ian E. Shuman, DDS, FAGD, The Gentle Art of Periodontal Maintenance: A Protocol Using Essential Oils
- Dr. Steven M. Parrett, DDS, Microbiologically Monitored Periodontal Therapy Using an Herbal and Essential Oil Irrigant
- Dr. Bernard Schechter, DDS, Time-Tested Botanical Remedies for Modern Periodontal Therapy
- Dr. Joe Blaes, DDS, How to Profit from…Hygiene — Healthy Tissue Equals Great Restorative Dentistry!, Dental Economics
- Dr. Tom Orent, DMD, Academy Gems: It’s about Thyme, AACD Journal, Spring 1999
- Dr. Tom Orent, DMD, I Told My Periodontist: Keep Your Hands Out of My Pockets, The Independent Dentist Newsletter
Research on the impact of Essential Oils on Oral Health